Thursday, June 28, 2007

With You, Always


The celebration of today brings me back to Parañaque five years ago when I was ordained priest. Many years before that, I had dreamed of the day I would become a priest and thence had always looked forward to it. That moment of my ordination was the first time I stopped looking forward to it. It was a thing of the present, always present, for priesthood is forever. In my thanksgiving Mass the next day, I told everyone present in the Chapel of Don Bosco Tarlac: “Once there was a boy who served Mass almost everyday in this Chapel. Then for a while he was gone. Now he is back, not anymore to serve the Mass. Now he will be the one to preside the Mass.”


One of the beautiful thoughts I had in the days surrounding my ordination was my chosen theme from Matthew 28:20 which I have always fondly abbreviated to “with you, always”. I was awestruck at the fact that in everything that was, in the path towards priesthood, God had always been there for me—ever present, ever assuring me of His great love.


Today I bask in that love.

No comments: